The Best Man

I Met Raf years ago when we were kids.  We were at church, and he spotted me and asked his brother "Who the hell is that white guy over there who thinks he's so cool?"  Somehow we met, and he found out we're both from Nicaragua, and the hate just went away.  We became such wicked friends over the years.  I know it sounds cliche, but we became more like brothers than anything else.  Gab and Mig (his real brothers), Raf and I would go on to get into all sorts of trouble over the next few years growing up in our teens.  We went camping with our families every year and there was one summer where I slept over at his house EVERY single weekend.  There are stories everyone has heard, and then some no one would probably want to hear.  But ask us and we'll tell you either way!  Whether we hang out everyday or see eachother just months at a time, it's right back to where we left off and full of jokes, laughing and more jokes.  He's my best friend and love him, his brothers and his family like they were mine.  Now, i have no idea why over the years, with all the kinda stuff we did and got into, why we have no picutes.  Here's one from his birthday awhile back...but "Raf, if you have any more, send me some so I can post them up here!"

No comments: