The Proposal

We were off to Amsterdam to visit a friend for two weeks and instead of flying direct, I convinced Stacey it would be better to fly to Paris, where we could squeeze in two days to catch some sights before jumpin on a train to Amsterdam.  I didn't have to bend her arm too hard - who says "no" to Paris???  But she had no idea what was coming later that day. 

So we land in this amazing city and after some serious maneuvering through the metro with our huge suitcases we make it to the hotel.  Hotel Paris Saint Honore is so quaint, so chic, so French!  Deep rich red walls, chinchilla headboard and fur throws, silk cushions, gold leaf mirrors - it's all just so amazing! 
A quick shower and fresh new outfit, and off to the famous Champes Elysee to the Louis Vuitton flagship store.  It's crazy! 
We figure..."We're in Paris - let's indulge!!!"...so we get eachother graduation gifts.  Stacey got the Speedy 40 and I got the Keepall 55 w/ the Strap.
Then we're off to dinner in the Eiffel Tower.  Yeah!...there's actually a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower on the 2nd level...who knew?  It's crazy romantic.  We're in this iconic structure, the sun is setting, we're having French wine in friggin France, got an amazing view of the city.  And of course, I'm nervous as hell cause I'm attempting to really do this!  Not sure when it'll happen, but trying to keep cool and calm.  Stacey looks back and probably will tell you that I was a babbling mess.   
 After dinner we walk around a bit, and I'm still lookin for the perfect spot to pop the question.  I convince Stacey, even though she's already terrified at the second level, to go up to the third.  We take another lift up.  Walk around there some more.  Then up one more level still to the very peak.  It's night now.  The city is lit up.  Stacey looks out through one of those telescopes you pop a dollar into.  She looks back and finds me on my knee, holding a little blue box.

I say, "Marry me..."
...she says, "Yes!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW
SWEET AMD ROMANTIC