Cake

We fell in love with this cake.  The colour is perfect and ties in with our scheme and design.  Fondant icing was a must and the quilting is a detail we love. The silver beads around the cake remind us of the Tiffany necklace and bracelets, but I don't think we'll do the lose ones, just a strand at the base of each tier.  But we really like that each tier is a different size and shape, sort of looking like a set of hat boxes stacked on top of one another.  We have yet to do any tastings or pick a flavour.  We tried contacting the baker of this cake and they told us to hang on cause it's still a bit early.  So we'll do just that...
I saw this cake with the bird on it and I thought it was so cool and dramatic.  Why just have some same ol' cake like we're just puttin out a dessert.  Nah man!  Make it a statement.  The wedding cake is a big deal and kinda an icon in itself.  So why not put some style and flare in that too?  Stacey wasn't too on board with the whole bird on the cake thing when I showed her the pic above.  And I understand why...it does look a bit dead and vulture-like...and the last thing I want is a Tim Burton lookin cake.  But I found this photo from a booth at a wedding expo of this white peacock.  This is exactly what I had in mind.  All white with dramatic feathers draping down the length of the cake, contrasting the rich blue.  The tail and feathers mimicking the train on her dress in the way that it just flows over.  I showed it to her and she finally saw my vision!  I got my bird!   
By the way....have you heard...?

No comments: